ENHANCEMENTS TO TRACK AND SWATH OPTIONS
HURREVAC’s Track and Swath Options interface has been redesigned to give users more choices for how to display storm tracks and forecasts. The existing capabilities are unchanged.
The most significant new feature is the ability to plot Previous Forecast Tracks for either the last 3 advisories or the last 6 advisories (not including intermediate advisories).
This lets users see trends in a storm’s track forecast over the past 24 to 36 hours with minimal clicking.
Once the setting is turned on, the color-coded previous forecast tracks are automatically plotted for any actively displayed storm and advisory.
This feature replaces the need to select individual advisory points to show the trend in a storm’s previous forecast tracks. But creating a custom or manual display in that manner is still possible.
Other notable changes include the following:
- Actual Track Ahead settings are clarified
- Actual Track Behind (Past Track) has the added option to be plotted as a simple track line only
- Forecast Track also has a new option to be shown for official forecast positions only, which hides the hourly plot points
- Labels for Saffir-Simpson Category are no longer shown as “Cat 0” for track or forecast points that are not of hurricane strength
- The Save these preferences for future sessions button is more prominent
- Posted by John Boyer
- On August 1, 2022